Thursday, May 8, 2008

5.a) Act 1, Scenes 1-3: Explain what you think statement means. Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?

Statement: "But always remember this, Anneke. There are no walls, there are no bolts, no locks that anyone can put on your mind."

I think that this statement means that nothing can really stop you from your imaginations, opinions, and feelings. Whatever someone says, does, etc., they can't control your mind. No one. Although, they can physically threathen, abuse, repress, you, they can't control your mind. This statement really connects to Anne because she was physically controlled by her surroundings/environment which is the Secret Annex. She was cramped into a small space without much freedom, but she still expressed herself through her diary, talking about all her feelings, thoughts, and opinions during the Holocaust. She shows what she feels and the diary is the only thing that expresses herself. Well, I would have to say that I agree with this statement because no one can really control your mind.

2 comments:

CarolJ said...

Hello Darling~
I agree with your statement. Don’t you think Anne’s father was just so graceful that he would just be so nice to Anne? I also think that this helped Anne a lot. I mean she was locked up in Secret Annex with all those rules and to Anne I think that it would have seen awful. However, by Mr. Frank telling Anne how no one can control her feeling and things like that I think that I would have found more comfort! Great Job!>_< LOVE YA~

Samantha's Reading Shack said...

Wow!!! Pauline~!!!
Many people are doing this question~including me~
I liked the way you described her difficulties and challengements inside the Annex in this post. Good job on explaining the real meaning of this quote! I lub your new blog layout, too~:)